Each year, CNDCF releases various kinds of grants:
- Kids to Camp Grants
- Community Grants
- Designated Grants
- Donor-advised Grants
- Scholarships (See Student Awards for Cambridge & North Dumfries)
We have one cycle for Community Grants in the spring of each year. Applications are now being accepted until April 6th 2018. Click here to learn more & apply!
Through its grant making opportunities, Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation is committed to seeding, nurturing, supporting and strengthening our community. Grants are disbursed to a wide range of registered charities in Cambridge and North Dumfries in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Youth and Recreation
- Social Services
Establishing an effective and imaginative grants program is a priority for us. We strive to continually improve our skills as grant makers, making a visible and lasting difference in our communities through a granting program that is balanced, flexible, creative and responsive.
Learn more about the proposals we support.
Grant recipients are selected in two ways:
- Designated or suggested by the donor of the funds (Designated / Donor-advised grants)
- Recommended to the Cambridge and North Dumfries Community Foundation Board of Directors by our dedicated Grant Selection Team. (Community Grants, Kids to Camp, and Scholarship grants)
Criteria for applicants:
- Status as a registered charitable organization or municipality. (If your non-profit organization is not charitable, consider a formal relationship with a registered charitable organization or municipality.)
- Completion of all documents as required and stated during the application process – see documents checklist per grant cycle below:
- Kids to Camp Grant Application Checklist
- Community Grant Application Checklist
As a requirement for receiving funds, all grant recipients are requested to recognize grants from CNDCF on relevant publications as well as on social media. Grantees are also asked to complete a grant evaluation.
Learning about your organization is important. It allows us to share your good work with our donors and in our community. Let’s work together to share the successes and the challenges, after all, building a strong community is about both!