We support our community in many different ways, including funds for camp subsidies, for new community initiatives, ongoing projects and programs, and providing funding for scholarships for local students going on to post-secondary studies. Our annual grant cycles begin with the submission of an application. Every application is thoroughly reviewed and ultimately approved by our Board of Directors.
Establishing an effective and imaginative grants program is a priority. We strive to continually improve our skills as grant-makers, making a visible and lasting difference in our communities through a granting program that is balanced, flexible, creative and responsive. While we strive to meet all requests, full funding cannot be guaranteed. Since 1998, Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation has granted over $4 million dollars to our community, supporting both vital and creative programs and ideas that help our community thrive.
Information about Grants
Each year, we provide various kinds of grants:
- Kids to Camp Grants
- Community Grants
- Donor-Designated Grants
- Donor-Advised Grants
Learn more about our Grant Types.
Decisions on grants are made in the following ways:
- Recommended to our Board of Directors by our dedicated Grants Selection Committee, (Community Grants and Kids to Camp);
- Designated or suggested by the donor of the funds (Donor-Designated grants, Donor-Advised grants and Scholarship grants)
Criteria for applicants:
- Status as a registered charitable organization or municipality. Applicants who are not registered charitable organizations must establish a Partnership Agreement with a Qualified Donee, this can be a Registered Charity or Municipality. CNDCF requires a partnership agreement form signed by representatives of both non-charity and Qualified Donee. Please print and complete this form and attach a scanned copy to your application form.
- Completion of all documents as required and stated during the application process – see documents checklist per grant cycle below:
- Kids to Camp Grant Application Checklist
- Community Grant Application Checklist
As a requirement for receiving funds, all grant recipients are asked to recognize grants from the foundation in relevant publications and social media. Grantees are also asked to complete a grant evaluation, and information provided will be shared with our donors. Let’s work together to share the successes and the challenges.