Our Community Grants program provides small grants to support valuable and creative initiatives in our community. These are made possible by our endowed Field of Interest and Smart & Caring Community Funds. Areas such as Arts & Culture, Children & Youth in Recreation, Children & Youth at Risk, Environment, and Early Literacy are generously supported each year by our Field of Interest Funds. As well, our Smart & Caring Community Funds distribute grants to a wide range of programs and projects.
The maximum grant allocated through our community grants program is $2,500. However, we ask applicants to identify the total funds needed for the program or project. Approved applications that do not receive full funding will be presented to our Donor-Advised fund-holders for consideration.
NEW in 2019 we are asking applicants to help us track our impact on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, learn more here.
Applications accepted: March 4 – April 5, 2019
Application Checklist: Community Grant Application Checklist
The following criteria will help you determine the eligibility of your proposed grant request.
We consider requests for:
- program development,
- pilot projects,
- program resources,
- small capital projects, and
- other initiatives that strengthen the community within Cambridge and North Dumfries
NOTE: Any of the above requests may include amounts for the program/project operating expenses. However, a grant proposal that is generally focused on salaries and the organization’s overhead expenses will not be considered for funding.
Community Grants are not available for the following purposes:
- conference attendance,
- religious or political purposes,
- team or club sponsorship/membership,
- deficit reduction/general operating expenses,
- scholarship or fellowships,
- tours or travel outside the community,
- fundraising campaigns,
- funding organizations seeking funds for others
Through its grant-making opportunities, Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation is committed to seeding, nurturing, supporting and strengthening our community. Grants are disbursed to a wide range of registered charities in Cambridge and North Dumfries in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Youth and Recreation
- Early Literacy
- Children & Youth at Risk
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your program/project, please contact Adriana Van Oostveen at 519-624-8972 ext. 202 or by email.
Factors Affecting Funding:
While we make it our goal to approve funding for all vital programs and projects in our local community, various factors may affect funding decisions, including:
- Past grant evaluation reports — including project financial reports that show how previous grants were utilized;
- Audited/non-audited financial statements;
- Change to charitable status, or non-profit status without a charitable partner;
- Project/Program concept in relation to current community needs;
- Project/Program target population (Cambridge & North Dumfries vs. Regional) – while we support programs that extend their services to the entire region, local needs will be given priority;