Established in 2004, the Waterloo Region Record-Lyle S. Hallman Foundation Kids to Camp Fund annually provides grants to local organizations for the purpose of enabling children and youth in need of financial assistance to attend a variety of overnight, recreational and educational camps.
The Kids to Camp fund receives annual contributions from the Lyle S. Hallman Foundation, the Waterloo Region Record, and from generous individuals in our community. Every dollar received goes directly to fund camp subsidies.
NEW in 2019 we asked applicants to help us track our impact on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, learn more here.
For New Applicants Click Here
For Returning Applicants Click Here
Grant applications closed for 2020
Kids to Camp Applications will be accepted starting on January, 27th 2021
What We Fund:
- Organizations offering summer camp programs – day or overnight – to children and youth who reside in Cambridge & North Dumfries. These grants are to be used to subsidize camp registration fees for those who otherwise would not have the means to participate.
- Organizations offering summer camp programs that serve children under the age of 18, from the community-at-large, including children with special needs (e.g. physical or mental challenges, major illness, survivors or witnesses of violence).Please note that priority for funding will be accorded to organizations that work with children and youth year-round, and these funds may only be used to subsidize camp registration fees.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your program/project, please contact Bonnie Dion at 519-624-8972 ext. 202 or by email.
Factors Affecting Funding:
While we make it our goal to approve funding for all vital programs and projects in our local community, there are various factors surrounding funding decisions during our Kids to Camp Grant Cycle. These may include any of the following:
- Past grant evaluation reports — including project financial reports that show how previous grants were utilized;
- Audited/non-audited financial statements;
- Change to charitable status, or non-profit status without a charitable partner;
- Camp target population (Cambridge & North Dumfries). While we support programs that extend their services outside of our immediate community, local needs will be given priority.